A hearty salad is always a good idea, especially in winter. The goats cheese and crunch of the walnuts takes this beauty to the next level!
Try this Warm Root Salad w Goat’s Cheese at you next BBQ.
- 4 x medium beetroot
- 4 x medium carrot
- 2 x medium white potato
- 1 x medium sweet potato
- 1 x medium red onion
- 4 x cloves garlic
- 120g goat’s cheese
- 1 x cup walnuts, crushed
- 6 x sprig fresh thyme
- 2 x tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- 1 x tbsp EVOO
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Peel and cut onion into wedges and transfer to a large bowl.
- Wash and dry beets, carrots, potatoes, and thyme.
- Peel and cut beets and potatoes into thin wedges; add to bowl with onion. Peel and cut carrots diagonally into ¼ inch thick rounds; add to bowl. Pick leaves off most of the thyme stems (saving a couple stems for garnishing) and add to bowl.
- Drizzle vegetables with olive oil and season with salt, and pepper; toss to coat.
- Place vegetables on a non-stick baking tray and spread out. Place in the oven and roast until vegetables are tender, 15-20 minutes.
- Peel and mince garlic. In a small bowl, prepare dressing by whisking together garlic, olive oil, vinegar, Dijon, salt, and pepper.
- Serve salad on a plate or in a bowl, sprinkle with walnuts, crumble goat cheese over top, drizzle with dressing, and garnish with remaining thyme. Enjoy!