Having protein packed snacks on hand is a game changer in curbing those 3pm hunger strikes. Did you know that consuming protein regularly throughout the day (breakfast, lunch dinner and snacks) is the best way to keep your muscles healthy and happy?
Try these Savoury Muffins this week!
Makes 12 muffins
- 1 medium Zucchini, grated
- 1 medium Carrot, grated
- ¼ cup Frozen Peas
- ¼ cup Frozen Corn
- 3/4 cup grated cheese of choice
- ½ Cup Milk of choice
- ¼ cup Plain Greek Yoghurt
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- 2 Eggs
- 2 cups (250g) Plain Wholemeal Flour
- 3 tsp Baking Powder
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Place the zucchini and carrot onto a clean dish towel and wrap it around the vegetables. Squeeze all the juice out.
- Place the zucchini and carrots into a large mixing bowl along with the peas and corn. Add the cheese, milk, yogurt, olive oil and egg and stir until combined.
- Mix the flour and baking powder together and then slowly add to the wet ingredients. Fold in gently, until just combined.
- Spray a 12-hole muffin tray with EVOO. Spoon the mixture, equally, between the 12 muffin sections. Bake for 20-25 mins.
- Store in an air-tight container at room temperature for best keeping. Or freeze for later use.