Why will the Cinnamon Nuts n' Seeds Spiced Granola Recipe make your taste buds & body happy?
This cinnamon nuts and seeds spiced granola recipe is great for breakfasts, snacks or eating all by itself! There are lots of benefits to eating nuts including:
- Nuts are rich in protein, vitamin E, magnesium and potassium and contain natural plant sterols.
- They are high in unsaturated fats and lower in saturated fats. This mix will help to keep your cholesterol in check.
- They are also high in fibre, another fantastic tool to aid in keeping cholesterol in check PLUS keep you FULL.
How many nuts should you eat a day?
Aim for: 30-35g of nuts a day, which is around a handful
Cinnamon Nuts n' Seeds Spiced Granola Recipe
Serves: Approx 20-25 | Prep Time: 5 minutes + 5-10 minutes cooking time
- 1 cup natural almonds
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup pepitas
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup buckwheat kernals
- 1/2 cup sultanas
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- Lightly crush almonds & walnuts using a food processor. If you don’t have a food processor, either hand chop the nuts lightly or put in a snap lock bag & whack with a rolling pin (be sure to hold the snap lock bag at the sealed end to avoid a disaster).
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Spread granola onto 1-2 lined baking trays.
- Bake at 160 degrees C for 5-7 minutes. Keep an eye on the granola & rotate after a few minutes as it can burn easily. The best way to tell if it is cooked is when the sultanas puff up.